Planting & Harvesting Suggestions
Depending on your geographical location and climate.....
· We begin planting around the 2nd to 3rd week in October.
· Raised beds
· We plant at least 6 inches apart
· Bottom end of clove down (there is a top and bottom) about two to three inches deep, soft loose soil.
· Mulch to avoid frost heave and hinder weed growth.
· Fertilize May thru July
· Cut scapes if you desire
Weeding is essential
· Sampling is the first step to assure garlic readiness
· Harvest around 2nd to 3rd week of July
· It is recommended to begin when Garlic has at least five leaves; and the bottom leaves start to turn color.
· Varieties will differ at harvest time.
· Weather and temperature will effect harvest time